Thursday, July 19, 2018

La Vie En Rose - Edith Piaf

This song was written in 1945 by Edith Piaf herself and became her signature song.  The title literally means life in pink, or basically, through rose-colored glasses. La Vie En Rose - Wikipedia
My freshman year in college (I think) I read a Cosmopolitan magazine article about Edith Piaf's life and was so taken with the story and accounts of her incredible success, I quickly went to the library and found a CD of her music and fell in love with every song.  I think of it as a cabaret song.

Inspired by the many versions I heard and saw performed on YouTube, AND having earlier purchased and played from a copy of an arrangement made by Tull Glazener for dulcimer Tull's workshop CD series for La Vie En Rose, I decided to attempt my own simple arrangement in a key that I could sing myself.  I play it using a 1+ fret.

La Vie En Rose - lyrics and chords

If you would like to play the song as an instrumental, I recommend you purchase Tull's arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment